April 27, 2009

Hot Day in LA! III



AMBER, LINDA, BILLY, AND JOHNNY!

As we finished up talking to Edward, I spotted highschool student Amber and her friends, Billy, Linda, and Johnny, on the platform a few stops from Vermont and Santa Monica near LA City College where they were going. We followed them into the neighboring car. While, they were clearly amused that we wanted to talk with them, they submitted gracefully - with quite a few giggles - to our questioning and picture taking.

Metro Profiles: Where are you all headed today?

Amber (age 18): We're going to a show - Fire on....(Metro Profiles note: Er...didn't quite catch the name of the band. Fire on Three? Fire on the Altar? Anyway, it was "Fire on something." Sorry Amber!)

Metro Profiles: How often do you take the Metro and how do you feel about it?

Amber, Billy, Linda, Johnny (in unison): We take it often. We take it everywhere! Home, out, etc.

Billy: It takes longer (than driving) because you have to take a bunch of buses.

Johnny (19 in June): I hate the Metro! I miss my car.

Metro Profiles: Let's change the topic then! How do you all define your personal style?

Amber: I'm into the traditional Skinhead scene - I like to listen to Reggae so that influences me.

Linda (age 17): I like Psychobilly and Punk. For me style and music are tied up.

Billy: I also like Psychobilly and Rockabilly.

Johnny (showing us his T-shirt): My style is to not throw clothes away. I've had this shirt since I was about ten.

Metro Profiles note: Johnny may not like the Metro and miss his car but he clearly has recycling down!


No comments: